- Mind without heart, intelligence without conduct, cleverness without goodness are tools, but only for mischief.
- Behave the way you can always behave—Annonymous.
- Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody—Benjamin Franklin
- I would not wish any companion in the world but you—Shakespeare.
- The Rig Veda tells us: “Let noble thoughts come to us from everywhere.”
- “Nobody can tell what I suffer! But it is always so. Those who do not complain are never pitied.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
- “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi
- “One thing you can’t hide – is when you’re crippled inside.”
― John Lennon
- Justice as Lord Atkin said is “no cloistered virtue”
- Sometimes words that fail to make their effect at the time are remembered later—Agatha Christie
- Give your clients the earliest delivery consistent with quality—whatever the inconvenience to us—Arthur Nielson
- Opportunities present themselves every day. You just have to be alert and ready to act.—MARK OSTROFSKY, US ENTREPRENEUR
- Sometimes it’s worse to win a fight than to lose—Billie Holiday
- The best of us must sometimes eat our words—JK Rowling
- The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation—BERTRAND RUSSELL
- What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and value of nothing—Oscar Wilde
- Slow down and steady up—annonymous
- All work and no play/makes Jack a dull boy. To which the cautionary response goes ‘All play and no work/ Makes Jack a mere toy.’ TOI Editorial
- Don’t talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave—Wilson Mazner, US playwright
- Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement- Mario Puzo- Godfather
- We’ve seen over time that countries that have the best economic growth are those that have good governance- Ramez Naam US writer
- A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue, That’s why there are so few good conversations- Truman
- History does not repeat itself exactly but, as Mark Twain put it, it often rhymes.
- If you have built castles in the air … now put the foundations under them—Henry David Thoureau
- Margaret Thatcher’s warning that those standing in the middle of the road get run over.
- The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation—Vladmir Lenin.
- Carlyle- the history of the world is but biography of great men.’ Some so called great men have their hands deep in blood.
- Boris Pasternak author of Dr Zhivago called silence the best sound on earth’
- The greatest obstacle to excellence is you! A caddy once told a champion golfer, “There’s a perfect shot waiting out there. All you have to do is to get yourself out of the way.”
- In short, I will part with anything for you but you- Mary Wortley Montagu, Writer.
- There are good times and there are bad times, but one must never forget the hard times—Annonymous.
- When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry—William Shakespeare.
- Kritam Lokham Purushoabhijayte- Man himself builds his own world.
- The boxer Muhammad Ali refused to wear his seat-belt on a plane. “Superman doesn’t need a belt,” he insisted. Tying his belt for him, the stewardess replied, “Superman doesn’t need a plane either.”
- Exhibitionists: at a wedding they want to be the bride. At a funeral the corpse. Julius Caesar who was an incorrigible egotist, was kidnapped when he was a child. He was held for a ransom of 11,000 gold pieces. Horrified exhorted his captors to raise the sum to 250,000 gold pieces so as to preserve his prestige.
- You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out—Warren Buffet
- The whole of western science has developed from Greek philosophy. It stands on the foundations of Greek Philosophy, and one of Greek philosophy’s basic beliefs is that time travels in a straight line.
- The bread that falls off your plate nearly always lands on the buttered side.
- Evil manners live in brass, but our virtues we write in water.
- There is a Mexican saying that we die three deaths: the first time we die is when our bodies die. The second is when our bodies are lowered into the earth, out of sight. The third time we die is when our loved ones forget us.
- Being different and thinking different makes a person unforgettable. History does not remember the forgettable.- Suzy Kassem, US writer.