TEN INTERESTING QUOTES
- It is strange that sword and words have the same letters. Even more strange is that they have the same effect if not handled properly. This beautiful quote is by Anonymous
- No matter how bad things are a few things will always go right and no matter how good things are a few things will always go wrong. This alone balances life—this quote is from a book ‘Gloom behind the smile’
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful—that’s what matters to me—Steve Jobs
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word, stirs up anger—by Solomon, also called Jedidiah, who, according to the Hebrew Bible, Old Testament, Quran, and Hadiths, was a fabulously wealthy, and the wise king of Israel who succeeded his father, King David..
- ‘I do not want the peace, that pass-eth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace.’—Hellen Keller, American author, political activist and lecturer. She was the first deaf-blind person, to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Arts.
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so—William Shakespeare.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge—Albert Einstein
- Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others—Jonnathan Swift, Anglo-Irish satirist, essayist, and political pamphleteer.
- One person with a commitment is worth more than hundred people who only have interest—Mary Crowley, an American citizen and a cancer patient, who served the citizenry and started Mary Crowley, Cancer Research Center in the US.
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind—William James, American philosopher and psychologist.
By Kamlesh Tripathi
Share it if you like it
Shravan Charity Mission is an NGO that works for poor children suffering from life threatening diseases especially cancer. Our posts are meant for our readers that includes both children and adults and it has a huge variety in terms of content. We also accept donations for our mission. Should you wish to donate for the cause. The bank details are given below:
NAME OF ACCOUNT: SHRAVAN CHARITY MISSION
Account no: 680510110004635 (BANK OF INDIA)
IFSC code: BKID0006805
GLOOM BEHIND THE SMILE
(The book is about a young cancer patient. Now archived in 7 prestigious libraries of the US, including, Harvard University and Library of Congress. It can also be accessed in MIT through Worldcat.org. Besides, it is also available for reading in Libraries and archives of Canada and Cancer Aid and Research Foundation Mumbai)
ONE TO TANGO … RIA’S ODYSSEY
(Is a book on ‘singlehood’ about a Delhi girl now archived in Connemara Library, Chennai and Delhi Public Library, GOI, Ministry of Culture, Delhi)
AADAB LUCKNOW … FOND MEMORIES
(Is a fiction written around the great city of Nawabs—Lucknow. It describes Lucknow in great detail and also talks about its Hindu-Muslim amity. That happens to be its undying characteristic. The book was launched in Lucknow International Literary Festival of 2014)
REFRACTIONS … FROM THE PRISM OF GOD
(Co-published by Cankids–Kidscan, a pan India NGO and Shravan Charity Mission, that works for Child cancer in India. The book is endorsed by Ms Preetha Reddy, MD Apollo Hospitals Group. It was launched in Lucknow International Literary Festival 2016)
TYPICAL TALE OF AN INDIAN SALESMAN
(Is a story of an Indian salesman who is, humbly qualified. Yet he fights his ways through unceasing uncertainties to reach the top. A good read not only for salesmen. The book was launched on 10th February, 2018 in Gorakhpur Lit-Fest. Now available in Amazon, Flipkart and Onlinegatha)
RHYTHM … in poems
(Published in January 2019. The book contains 50 poems. The poems describe our day to day life. The book is available in Amazon, Flipkart and Onlinegatha)
(ALL THE ABOVE TITLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN AMAZON, FLIPKART AND OTHER ONLINE STORES OR YOU COULD EVEN WRITE TO US FOR A COPY)