- It is faith that removes mental turbidity and makes your mind clear.
- Weakness on both sides is, as we know, the motto of all quarrels- Voltaire.
- In the absence of writing, all knowledge was located in the mind of the Brahmin; this is why killing a Brahmin was forbidden as it was equal to killing a library. This made the Brahmin very powerful, too powerful. He jealously guarded his knowledge.’
- The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- How long can a snake keep straight.
- Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.
- What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it.
- If there is a lesson to be learnt from success of IT, it is that openness leads to job creation.
- Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
- What to eat and what not to eat are options available to only those who have plenty to eat and not for those who have very little to eat.
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread
- “Mind” the emperor of all remedies.
- Consumers need a reason to stick
- I became the dog who caught the car.
- All cultures are distant relatives because they are all human contracts.
- Every single time you make a merger, somebody is losing his identity.
- The sweetest sound in the world is the person’s own name.
- “Manam Pola Vaazhkai” Tamil- (The way your heart goes the way your life will be) law of nature.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
- They say behind every successful man, there is a wife and behind every successful woman a resentful husband.
- Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.
- Thinking is one thing no one has ever been able to tax
- Life is a chaplet of little miseries.
- The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the bladder.
- Often it isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out. It’s the little pebble in your shoe.
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work.
- Absolute leaders nurture absolute followers who believe in absolute intimidation.
- An Idea- Take up one idea. Think of it, dream of it, live on that idea, and just leave every other idea alone.
- Winning isn’t everything- but wanting to win is.
- Beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of introduction.
- Forget the past and lose an eye; dwell on the past and lose both eyes.
- You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus
- You are what other people see you as.
- There are weeks when decades have happened and there are decades when not even weeks have happened.
- Well, I was always enamoured with the stepwells of India.
- A city is like a person- you need to look into its darker sides to understand the whole thing. Everyone wants to present the beautiful to you.
- I love cows, my grandmother told me, “If you want to feel God, look into a cow’s eyes.” Gandhi protected the cow because cow is the image of all sub human life.
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- ‘Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it … he who doesn’t … pays it.’
- There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same
- Meaning of Life: What is meaning of life? Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is meaning.
- Election and Governance: winning a majority is one thing, running the country another.
- If you compare life becomes miserable.If somebody is better than you, learn from them; enjoy others success. If some one is better than you at some level, do not whip yourself with comparision-.
- Poverty is the parent of revolution & crime
- ‘No matter if it it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat.’
- ‘If all had taken a leaf out of their Parents book, it would have been difficult for God to manage aspirations of mankind; as most would be on the right track.’
If you don’t know the author of these lines write to us.
Posted by Kamlesh Tripathi
Share it if you like it
Shravan Charity Mission is an NGO that works for poor children suffering from life threatening diseases especially cancer. Should you wish to donate for the cause. The bank details are given below:
NAME OF ACCOUNT: SHRAVAN CHARITY MISSION
Account no: 680510110004635 (BANK OF INDIA)
IFSC code: BKID0006805
GLOOM BEHIND THE SMILE
(The book is about a young cancer patient. Now archived in 7 prestigious libraries of the US, including, Harvard University and Library of Congress. It can also be accessed in MIT through Worldcat.org. Besides, it is also available for reading in Libraries and archives of Canada and Cancer Aid and Research Foundation Mumbai)
ONE TO TANGO … RIA’S ODYSSEY
(Is a book on ‘singlehood’ about a Delhi girl now archived in Connemara Library, Chennai and Delhi Public Library, GOI, Ministry of Culture, Delhi)
AADAB LUCKNOW … FOND MEMORIES
(Is a fiction written around the great city of Nawabs—Lucknow. It describes Lucknow in great detail and also talks about its Hindu-Muslim amity. That happens to be its undying characteristic. The book was launched in Lucknow International Literary Festival of 2014)
REFRACTIONS … FROM THE PRISM OF GOD
(Co-published by Cankids–Kidscan, a pan India NGO and Shravan Charity Mission, that works for Child cancer in India. The book is endorsed by Ms Preetha Reddy, MD Apollo Hospitals Group. It was launched in Lucknow International Literary Festival 2016)
TYPICAL TALE OF AN INDIAN SALESMAN
(Is a story of an Indian salesman who is, humbly qualified. Yet he fights his ways through unceasing uncertainties to reach the top. A good read not only for salesmen. The book was launched on 10th February, 2018 in Gorakhpur Lit-Fest. Now available in Amazon, Flipkart and Onlinegatha
(ALL THE ABOVE TITLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN AMAZON, FLIPKART AND OTHER ONLINE STORES OR YOU COULD EVEN WRITE TO US FOR A COPY)
1 thought on “SOME INTERESTING, #QUOTES AND #SAYINGS”
Reblogged this on Shravan charity mission.